Last year, numerous cases of salmonella caused people to become concerned about the safety of their sushi. Eleven people had to be hospitalized after eating sushi made from a certain infected batch of tuna. How does something like this happen in this day and age, and how can you be sure to avoid this unfortunate and potentially fatal disease during your own sushi outings?
The first thing to realize is that the sushi linked to each of these salmonella cases came from workplace cafeterias and grocery stores. It is in places like that that you can often expect sushi to sit out in the open for long periods of time, rather than being made fresh to order. This makes it a bit more likely that an unsafe piece will slip past the best sanitation practices.
At our Lynnwood Japanese restaurant, you’re not only getting superior health standards than your average grocery store, but you’re also getting the kind of fresh taste and high quality that can only be achieved with a restaurant-grade itamae. Come to Wild Wasabi for safe and delicious sushi today!